Wednesday, April 5, 2017

10 Saving Tips From A Lifetime Saver

Hi, I’ve always saved my money. I don’t know why but from a young age when I started getting money for my birthday I might have bought something small but the rest would go into my saving account. I should really thank my parents for setting me up a saving account in the first place. I have a thing for watching the numbers grow higher and higher, I get way more pleasure from that than spending it. I spend money, I'm just picky about what I spend my money on and I'm always looking for a bargain.


10 Tips For Saving Money


Get A Savings Account
Online banking makes saving so easy. Open up an account and simply move any money left over at the end of the month, this is a great way to build savings.

Budget
With bills and rent it can be quite easy to find your money disappearing. In order to save you need to budget your money to allow for there to be something left at the end of the month to put away.

Set Saving Goals
Motivation is the key to saving, having a goal amount and setting a time limit will help you reach your saving goals. You could use a visual saving chart to watch your money grow.

Have a Loose Change Tin
Having a special place to store cash is great as you'll appreciate and associate the physical act of saving as a positive action. The tin should preferably be one that you can't dip into easily.

Pay With Cash In Store
This is a great tip to stick to a budget while out shopping, by withdrawing your spending budget for the trip and having to physically hand over money you'll make better choices about your spending.

Always Look For Discounts
If you are making a purchase no matter how big or small always do a voucher check. I always check for in store vouchers if I know I'm heading on a shopping trip. Alternatively a quick look online normally reveals a code for shopping online even if it's only a free postage code it's still money saved.

Do You Need It?
One of my key saving tips is to think about a purchase and decide if you really need that item. Chances are you've got something very similar at home already. If you decide you must have it that's fine but make sure you are getting the best price possible.

Pay Outright
Anything that incurs a fee for paying in monthly installments I have always payed in full so I don't have to pay the added interest. When you look at something like car insurance this makes quite a big difference.

Bulk Buy On Offers
Buying expensive items like shampoo while they're on great deals saves lots of money in the long run. If something is half price I buy double the amount of product so it will last me twice as long. 

Use Store Loyalty Cards
Delay shopping for some items until you can get money back via bonus on loyalty cards. Around Christmas is a good time because you'll likely need to spend the money anyway but you can build rewards and get money back to spend at a later date.

I hope these tips are helpful and have inspired you to maybe set a saving goal. Small changes to your spending will all add up before you know it.

Do you enjoy saving? Do you have any tips you would add?
Sam

Want to see more posts follow on 

4 comments:

  1. Some great tips, thanks for sharing!

    Madolyn xx

    www.madolynthinks.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post as always Sam, and I enjoyed your money saving tips. I don’t enjoy saving, as I love shopping but have recently decided to give it a go. My favourite tip you included is “Do I need it?” because this is something I’ve been thinking about, not hoarding things like make-up, clothes and just buying something if I need it. Have you read The Life Changing Magic of Tidying by Marie Kondo? Because I recommend it. There is bits in there that have helped me in the way of spending. Thanks for sharing your thoughts! :-) xx

    Helen | Helen’s Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a big saver and find it hard to actually spend money haha I'm always asking myself if I need it and it's usually no I don't ๐Ÿ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great list of tips for saving money. I'm trying so hard to get better at saving. Little things like shopping at Aldi instead of a bigger supermarket brand and writing down everything I'm spending has helped me loads. I'm also lucky that my work is partnered with a credit union and some of my salary goes in to a saving account before I even see it.
    V <3
    http://sirvikalot.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete