Monday, September 21, 2015

9 Things To Do When You're Having A Bad Day

Hi, As much as we try to be positive all the time, sometimes it's just not possible. We've all had them days that don't go to plan or you feel under the weather. Here are some ways to cheer yourself up and see the positive side of life. I've complied a list of things which make me feel better whenever I'm having a bad day. Hopefully they are helpful to you when you have the same feeling.



Things To Do When You're Having A Bad Day


Buy some fresh flowers
The mixture of colours and fresh flowery scents will be a massive boost to your mood. Fresh flowers never fail to cheer me up, I keep seeing the sunflower boutiques in stores and instantly feel happier.

Treat yourself to something inexpensive
I love to buy myself some sweets or a new nail polish when I'm feeling a bit fed up, something small and inexpensive so I don't later mourn the money I have spent later. I chose an item I will use that day as a tool to create a positive outlook and make myself feel better.

Have a brew
Get yourself a cup of your favorite hot beverage and a listening ear and talk about it, sometimes things seems worse than they are and a different perspective can really help.

Eat something yummy
This can be good or bad, what ever makes you happy. I think when your feeling a bit fed up food can really lift your mood. I love the process of cooking so making a meal from scratch would take my mind off what was bothering me.

Light some scented candles
Burning candles creates a relaxing environment and they are super pretty to look at as the flames dances. Candles are a great therapeutic way to relax and the scent can uplift your mood.

Do some exercise
I'm not a massive fan of exercise but I genuinely believe that if you spend a little time just meditating or doing some yoga you'll feel better just for having accomplishing something. Plus you will get a buzz from all the happy chemicals your body produces.

Take a bath
Relax and make time for a bit of a pamper. Use a crazy amount of bubble bath or an interesting Lush bath bomb. Do some reading or put on your favourite album and sing along.

Look for the positives in life
As much as the situation might be getting you down think of all the things you are thankful for or something you are looking forward too. Distract yourself away from negative thoughts to only the positive happy ones.

Have an early night
Everything looks better in the morning or so they say. Have an early night and start the next day with the determination to not let life get you down. Tomorrow is a new day full of new possibilities.

I hope you don't need to use these tips, but that they are helpful if you do. Have a lovely week.
Sam

Want to see more posts follow on 

18 comments:

  1. Good post! I especially like the flowers idea - will add this to my list :)

    http://moanymouse.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love fresh flowers. I can't help put feel uplifted by them, one of the things I'll miss the most about Summer. Thanks for reading. =^-^=

      Delete
  2. Having an early night is my favourite way of dispelling a bad day! Also, treating myself, haha. Lovely post, Sam!

    May | THE MAYDEN | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always try to get an early night but end up staying up really late reading but at least I'm busy. Thanks for reading. =^-^=

      Delete
  3. this is a great post, I'm going to be re-visiting this page when i need a pick-me-up! x

    http://www.iamnicrose.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad it's helpful. =^-^=

      Delete
  4. I always end up treating myself when I have a bad day.. maybe a little too much!

    Eilidh from Velvet-Winter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Treats are the best, sometimes the simplest things are the nicest. Thanks for reading. =^-^=

      Delete
  5. I love looking for the positives in life, have an early night and lighting candles♥♥
    I really enjoyed reading this post♥♥

    chocolateandsunset.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many positive things that we take for granted. I love to have an early night and read as a way to escape reality. Thanks for reading. =^-^=

      Delete
  6. I really loved this post! We all need a pick-me-up from time to time! Love all of these suggestions, especially the scented candles one. I wanted to buy some candles anyway, so now there is no excuse to procrastinate any longer ;)
    Patti www.shiftingtales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed it! I really need to stock up on some new autumn scented candles, I love cinnamon ones. Thanks for reading. =^-^=

      Delete
  7. This is a great post, I have never thought of buying myself flowers.

    Sonam xox - http://fashtasticflare.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flowers are such a good pick me up and they last longer than a bag of sweets. Thanks for reading. =^-^=

      Delete
  8. Love this post, so thoughtful, especially treating your self in small ways, it helps me appreciate the small, simple wonderful things that I just take for granted xD

    Just followed you on bloglovin! - I am 'elizabeth (Ice Cream Clara blog)'
    Would you like to follow each other? xx

    elizabeth | ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | bloglovin follow for follow

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love buying flowers. I don't do it enough, partly because I tend to not buy them as buds, but as full flowers already. Eventually I'll do it when I have more wiggle room for luxuries in my budget.

    https://ariannecruz07.wixsite.com/ayre

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been having a down day so I'm going to try and do some of these things now :)

    Julia // The Sunday Mode

    ReplyDelete