Saturday, September 5, 2015

5 Tips For Sorting Your Wardrobe For The New Season

Hi, With autumn arriving and the new fashion season to accompany it, I was thinking about items I might need to buy to cover all bases and what items need replacing. To do this I plan to sort out the clothing items I already own by having a wardrobe tidy up. Doing this will make it easier to work out what staple items are in my collection and what items are worn out. Below are a list of questions which I will be using to sort my own wardrobe, I hope you find them helpful.

 Questions To Ask Yourself While Wardrobe Sorting

First Things First!
Empty your wardrobe, it's a good idea to make sure you have time to finish the sort out in one session. Starting from scratch makes it so you have to consider every item before placing it back. Before returning anything to the wardrobe there are a few questions you should ask yourself.

When did you last wear it?
I have a lot of items in my collection that I can't remember the last time I wore. A good way to see if you still wear an item is to turn all the hangers the wrong way round, the next time you come to have a sort out if the hanger is still the wrong way round get rid.

Does it fit? 
If it doesn't fit, your unlikely to wear it and it won't be making you feel as great as another item could. If it doesn't fit consider getting rid and make more room for something else that makes you feel amazing. Alternatively you could consider getting the item altered but that all depends on your attachment to said idea and if it's worth the money.

Does it work for the season? 
If it's a summer item consider putting it away in storage to free up more space in your wardrobe. Doing this means you can make the most of seasonal appropriate items you have without been over whelmed by too much choice from items you can't even wear.

How can you wear it?
A good way to organize your wardrobe is to have an idea of how you can wear all the items in there. If you can't make it work with other items you own you most likely won't wear it. Give yourself a mini photo shot of how you've put items together for inspiration for those I have nothing to wear days.


Are you planning a shopping trip to restock your wardrobe with autumn clothing?
Sam

Want to see more posts follow on 

6 comments:

  1. Great tips! Really need to start moving from summer to autumn clothing :)

    www.lottebeautybox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get better at buying transitional items so the jump from summer to autumn isn't as bad. Thanks for reading =^-^=

      Delete
  2. These are great tips. I'm awful at holding on to clothes that I no longer wear. I'm going to follow some of these and try to get myself sorted out!
    Emma Xx
    www.emmaslookingglass.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a massive pile of things I need to stick on Ebay, it's so nice to be able to see all the nice items left and plan how to make the most of them. Thanks for reading. =^-^=

      Delete
  3. Great tips! I think it's always a good idea to go through your wardrobe and check if you are even wearing all of the clothes in there! It's such a satisfying feeling when you clear out a bunch of clothes that you don't like anymore!
    I didn't really plan on buying autumn clothes, but I probably will find some nice things anyway ;)
    Patti www.shiftingtales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes you just rediscover loads of great pieces you've forgotten about. Even better than shopping as it's already yours. Thanks for reading. =^-^=

      Delete