Sunday, August 23, 2015

Reasons Why I Won't Miss Summer

Hi, Hope you're all having a lovely weekend. I don't hate the summer but there are a few elements which I am quite happy to say goodbye to until next year. My favourite season is autumn and I'm very much looking forward to the seasonal change around the corner. I've put together a little list of reasons why I'm happy to say goodbye to the summer. After all this year has been such a let down in general I don't even feel like we've had a summer anyway. Although I am grateful for the odd day of pure sunshiny warmth Britain has been blessed with (like today, although storms are forecast later).



Reasons Why I Won't Miss Summer
It's Too Hot to Sleep
I love my sleep so when I can't sleep it messes me up for the following day. I hate the whole process of been too hot then too cold and constant fighting with blankets and the open air to get comfortable.

Inappropriate Summer Clothes

I do it every year, I get caught up in the summer styles knowing dam well I won't be going abroad and the British weather won't be hot enough to wear them without feeling cold. It's such a waste of money and space. These are items I'll wear once at best, I must stop it.

You Must Be Out Enjoying Summer

This is self inflicted as I feel like it's the time of year to be going places and seeing things but I'm really bad for just wanting to chill at home on the weekends. I know I should really be out enjoying the little bit of sun we get.

Unpredictable Weather
It's really hard to plan around the weather because it's always changing. Organize a BBQ and you can bet it will rain. Stay at home with nothing to do and it will be the nicest day of the year and you'll be gutted you're not at the beach.

Sweat

Not that this happens all that often as it doesn't really get hot enough, but Britain been Britain you can bet one of the hottest days will have started off a bit naff and so you get caught out wearing one of your warmer outfits. Been sticky/damp with makeup sliding down your face is never nice.

Is there anything you won't miss about summer?
Sam

Want to see more posts follow on 

16 comments:

  1. Definitely agree with the summer clothes one - I always get tempted by summery displays in shops and then never get chance to wear them here! I won't be missing all the moths at night!! X

    http://www.ode2vogue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep telling myself to only buy transitional pieces. Where do all the moths come from they are everywhere! Thanks for reading. =^-^=

      Delete
  2. Haha yes totally agree with these. I do love the cold nights with big thick blankets rather than sturggling with the heat at the moment. I also love the ability to hibernate and stay in a lot more. I think what I won't miss is that I always feel a bit bad about being inside pubs in summer, but when it's colder it's ideal! x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Longing for the days where I drag the duvet downstairs to watch a film and drink hot chocolate. Totally agree on the pub situation, there needs to be more pub gardens! Thanks for reading. =^-^=

      Delete
  3. I won't miss the wasps! They're so frustrating, you can't eat outside without one lingering around haha. I won't miss being sweaty either, defo don't like it when my makeup melts away D:. bring on Autumn! xx

    www.kirstytalks.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the wasps! I was chased by one trying to steal my cider, can really do without them. Thanks for reading. =^-^=

      Delete
  4. I got stung by a wasp yesterday literally 10 minutes after asking my boyfriend "how bad do you reckon wasp stings actually are?" my answer - very.
    Lizzy | by Lizzy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouch! I've only been stung once and was very small so I don't really remember thankfully. They're a super pain for being annoying. Thanks for reading. =^-^=

      Delete
  5. Completely agree, I get fed up of summer after June and I am always cheering on for Autumn to come as I know that it sounds cliché but I love to be snuggled up in front of the TV with a hot chocolate!

    http://emmasworld31.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait either, there's nothing better. I'm so looking forward too all the chocolaty drinks. Thanks for reading. =^-^=

      Delete
  6. I am actually so sad to know that summer is coming to an end but I do have to agree with you on sweat. Really happy to not have to worry about sweating, smelling, and taking a gazillion showers each day soon, haha.

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to miss summer for all the flowers and sunshine (when it shows up). Thanks for reading. =^-^=

      Delete
  7. I'm with you! Being from Scotland, even when it hits 18 degrees it's too much for me to handle ha!

    I have nominated you for a Liebster Award, more details on my latest post if you are interested in taking part :)

    http://moanymouse.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so much harder to keep cool than it is to stay warm. Thanks for the nomination! =^-^=

      Delete
  8. I am so going to miss the summer !!! But a lot of the reasons you have listed I agree with it.

    Zeynab x
    The Beauty Load

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the closer it gets to the end of Summer the more I feel nostalgia for it and start to miss it, but it'll be back again next year (hopefully with more sun). Thanks for reading. =^-^=

      Delete