Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Why I Started Blogging | 100 Followers

Hi, Something amazing happened the other day, I reached 100 followers on Bloglovin! I know it's not a numbers game but I'm super happy that 100 of you lovely people out there in the world have found my little piece of the internet and deemed it worthy of your time. I hope I can continue to produce content you find both interesting and informative and that you will stick around and help me grow Momentarily Dreaming further.


Why I Started Blogging

If I'm honest I would say I purely started blogging as something to do on my Sundays as my boyfriend is at work and I had some spare time as a result. I was in need of a hobby and love looking at blogs myself so I figured I would give it a go.

Before I started blogging I viewed blogs but was too afraid to post a comment. When I first hit publish on my first post way back in November I was worried about what people would think and didn't feel ready to push myself to create content. I didn't join Bloglovin and start to notice the attention my blog gained until May this year over six months after I published my first post. Since then I have had over 1600 page views and a lot of positive comments on my posts. Not to mention the 100 followers I have gained in just 4 months which is mind blowing, to me anyway.

Blogging is hard work (especially when you work a 40 hour week) but at the end of the day you should only be doing it if you really love it. So far since May when I started to dedicate my time I have loved every minute. I don't know what was in my head space before I started to think like a blogger, but I can feel a creative buzz now. I would consider myself quite shy but blogging is pushing me to open up and not worry about what people will say/think. Having a platform for creative writing and sharing ideas openly is such a nice thing to have.

 A massive thank you for reading!
Sam

Want to see more posts follow on 

14 comments:

  1. Yay! Congrats on 100 followers! It's definitely cool to realise that people actually follow your blog. Good luck for the future :)

    Erin
    http://sexycardi.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin, it's kinda weird but so cool to know that people are reading, makes it all worth while. Thanks for reading. =^-^=

      Delete
  2. I remember when I started posting pictures with my phone Lol ! Congrats :)))

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's a little scary when you start, trying to meet the standards of the blogs already out there. I'm trying to remember to just have fun. Thanks for reading. =^-^=

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm super looking forward to a future full of blogging now. Thanks for reading =^-^=

      Delete
  4. it's awesome that you find time to do something you love, congrats!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Planning definitely helps but I do love spending time working on my blog, it's so nice to watch it grow. Thanks for reading =^-^=

      Delete
  5. I'm quite shy too so I can sympathise about being scared to open up. I was like that when I first started my blog but now I probably share too much if anything haha. Congrats on the 100 followers and keep up the hard work! xx

    www.kirstytalks.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think blogging is one of the best ways to get over being shy. Such a great way to interact with like minded people (like this). Thanks for reading. =^-^=

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on 100 followers,that's pretty impressive! Blogging is definitely hard work but so worth it! x

    Bethan Likes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Hard work but so worth it. Thanks for reading. =^-^=

      Delete