Monday, August 17, 2015

Colouring Books | The Art of Stress Relief

Hi, I enjoy colouring anyway, so I decided to jump on the adult colouring book band wagon. I found this more unique colouring book called Animorphia, it is described as an extreme colouring and search challenge. I purchased this from Amazon for only £3.99 which I think is a bargain and would make such a lovely gift with some colouring pencils. It is a really striking cover.

The illustrations in this book are right up my street, they are a little more free flowing and alternative to some of the other books I have seen. This book features really strong drawing of animals like the one on the cover. There are then really intense collections of anything from Alien, playing cards, a laptop, sports equipment and a pirate ship which make up the search element to the book. I doubt most of these will actually require finding as they are rather big but they are easily disguised by the amount of random items.

This is my favourite page spread in the book as I just love Octopus, I'm thinking orange with purple detailing. At this point I would like to recommend some pencil crayons which I think will be highly over looked because of their home brand status, but are some of the best colouring pencils I have used. The pencils I am referring too are the WHSmith colouring pencils. These pencils are so blend able and genuinely a pleasure to colour with.

I have done a little bit of colouring and it's been a real joy to put pencil to paper after so long. You can forget about the stuff that is going on and truly focus on an art form which anyone can partake in. There are also some free space areas in this book where you are prompted to doodle and further produce creative thinking. I am really happy with my purchase and can't wait to dedicate more time to filling the pages with colour.

Have you tried colouring as a form of stress relief?
Sam

Want to see more posts follow on 

6 comments:

  1. Omg I want one of these so bad, keep seeing them everywhere and I really miss colouring in. This one looks so amazing! x

    J'adore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted one for a while but didn't want a floral designed one, this one is definitely something a little special. Thanks for reading. =^-^=

      Delete
  2. This is such a great idea!! I heard about these a while ago, I'll definitely have to buy one on Amazon. Would love if you could check out my recent fashion post? :)

    The Fashion Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely way to take some timeout with a cup of tea. Thanks for reading. =^-^=

      Delete
  3. I think this is my favourite adult colouring book that I've seen! It's so different :)

    Jessica Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was instantly drawn to the intricate illustrations, definitely a very different approach to the colouring book market. Thanks for reading =^-^=

      Delete