Monday, August 3, 2015

Perfume Collection | My Purple Addiction

Hi, not until very recently did I start buying perfume. I've had the odd bottle given as a gift in the past and only ever had one bottle in use at the same time. If I've bought perfume it's been more out of necessity rather than a want for the product. Then I got the Diesel Loverdose perfume and my relationship with perfume totally changed. I wouldn't say it's much of a collection with only four bottles but they are all lovely scents. I don't really know anything technical about perfume other than that there are supposed to be notes on three levels but other than that I'm lost. I love the way wearing the right perfume can totally change your mood and make you feel like you can take on the world.



Diesel - Loverdose £51/75ml

I'm starting with this one as it was technically the start of the collection. This was a Christmas present a few years ago, I've almost used it all up so I'll be looking out for deals this Christmas to replace it as it really is a favourite of mine. It is quite expensive but I think it's really worth the money. What I like the most in a perfume is the staying power of the scent, this one lives up to my expectations and lasts pretty much all day. I love the bottle which is a heart shape with faceted edges in a really pretty shade of purple. It's in a really thick durable bottle so one that will quite happily live in your bag without fear of it breaking.

Top Notes: Mandarin, star anise
Heart Notes: Sambac jasmine, Liquorice, Gardenia
Base Notes: Amber, Vanilla

Marc Jacobs - Lola £48.50/50ml

I first smelt this perfume years ago when a friend had some, ever since I wanted it for myself. This is my favourite of the lot and for good reason, it's the most expensive which in this case really reflects the quality. My boyfriend kindly got me this for Christmas after I'd been debating buying it forever. I'm so happy to finally own it, the staying power of this is amazing, one application seriously last all day. I wanted the 100ml bottle purely for the overall look of the bottle and the amazing flower lid, it is so eye catching and looks really pretty on my dressing table.

Top Notes: Pink Peppercorn, Pear, Ruby Red Grapefruit
Heart Notes: Rose, Fuchsia, Peony, Geranium
Base Notes: Vanilla, Warm Tonka Bean, Creamy Musk

Katy Perry - Killer Queen £38.50/100ml

I treated myself to this using all the boots points I had saved, it was better than half price at £14.99/100ml so I got it totally free, minus the points obviously. The staying power of this perfume isn't as good as the previous but it has a very strong scent which means it lingers for a long time. I personally think this bottle is a little bit tacky but I'm sure others will think it's really classy, it's just a matter of taste. I love the shape and colour of the glass but the crown lid in gold just doesn't appeal to me.

Top Notes: Dark Plum, Wild Berry, Bergamot
Heart Notes: Red Velvet Flower, Rainbow Plumeria, Natural Jasmine Sambac
Base Notes: Cashmeran, Natural Patchouli Heart, Liquid Praline

Ghost - Deep Night £46/75ml

I treated myself to this when it was on offer at £19/50ml. I liked the scent when I tried it but I'm let down by the staying power of the scent, it just doesn't seem to last. I think I might have bought this for the bottle as a crescent moon in purple is just too pretty. The inspiration for the moon and name come from the main ingredient the night blooming Cereus.

Top Notes: Night Blooming Cereus, Rose
Heart Notes: Apricot, Peach, Woodst Notes
Base Notes: Musk, Amber, Vanilla

I am really bad at explaining scents but they all seriously smell lovely. As you can probably tell I'm drawn to purple/red bottles. Each perfume is unique but there are recurring scents from Vanilla, Jasmine Sambac and Amber. All prices are quoted from the Boots website and are definitely not the cheapest you can purchase these perfumes.

What's your favourite scent?
Sam

Want to see more posts follow on 

No comments:

Post a Comment