Thursday, September 3, 2015

Why I Can't Wait For Autumn

Hi, It's September now so I think that means I can now talk about my favourite time of year Autumn, sorry to all the Summer lovers out there. The summer isn't technically over until the 23rd but where was the summer we were promised. At least with Autumn you know what you're getting as it's pretty predictable, the leaves start to change colour and there's still a warmth in the air, but it's the start of layering clothing and wearing hats to keep the chill away.



Things I'm Looking Forward To In Autumn

The Changing Season
The thing I love the most about autumn is the very obvious change in season. The nights start to get darker and the trees change colour, into the most amazing array of reds, oranges and yellows. It's my favourite time of year to go for a walk in the woods and admire nature.

Halloween and Bonfire Night
Not only do you have more of an excuse to just curl up with a hot chocolate and binge watch the latest it show, but autumn holds two of the most exciting events on the calendar, Halloween and Bonfire night. I feel just like a child again when these two seasonal events roll around, fancy dress and fireworks.

Woolly Everything
Jumpers, hats and scarves. I love the fashion possibilities that come with the Autumn season. I love an over sized jumper for an effortless outfit and woolly hats just tame my hair to keep it looking styled without the effort.

New Coats
I love buying a new coat or maybe more. Picking one based on a winter trend means you look stylish all A/W without trying. I like a coat that will really keep me warm and cozy.

Boots Are A Necessity
I can honestly say I have an addiction to Dr Martens boots. I love to wear them all year round but boots and hot days just don't mix. In Autumn boots become a must have item due to the build up of decomposing leaf litter and the odd autumn rain shower.

Indian Summer
I don't know about you but I always find that September always holds a little of the summer warmth. Enough that you can still wear pretty much anything you want, be it a dress or shorts with the added warmth of a pair of tights.

Dark Moody Colours
I love that when autumn comes around there is a distinct change in colour pallet for the new season. Colours become so much darker and moodier which totally agrees with my alternative side. I always love that high street shops release the odd Halloween inspired items.

The Build up to Christmas
With autumn comes the count down to Christmas. It annoys me that the count down seems to get earlier every year to boost sales but I can't help but get a little bit excited by the prospect that it isn't all that long away. Not wishing the year away or anything!

What is your favourite part of Autumn?
Sam

Want to see more posts follow on 

4 comments:

  1. I love the autumn season too! Really excited to be able to wear woolly jumpers with fuzzy socks and boots. I also love the colour of the leaves on trees when they start to fall, nothing prettier! Great post :) xx

    http://leonnilittleblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fuzzy socks and cozy tights! Can't wait to go walking in the woods. Thanks for reading. =^-^=

      Delete
  2. I love autumn as well! It's my favourite season together with spring! It's so nice to finally wear woolly jumpers again and curl up under a blanket with a cup of tea and a book and listen to the rain and wind outside! To me that's simply perfect! :)
    Patti www.shiftingtales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You painted that perfectly now I want Autumn even more. Thanks for reading. =^-^=

      Delete