Thursday, June 9, 2016

I'm Going Cruelty Free

Hi, I've made the decision to go cruelty free! I'm super excited about this and honestly I'm looking forward to the challenge. I've been making more of an effort to buy cruelty free recently so decided to make it official and work on removing all products that aren't cruelty free from my daily routine. After a bit of research I've put together some tips for if you're considering going cruelty free too and just how easy it can be.



Going Cruelty Free - Tips


It’s easier than you think
There are more companies taking an interest in what people want and bucking the trend by going cruelty free. The more people who make the switch will influence the market and eventually cruelty free will become the norm. In the mean time there are lots of brands already selling cruelty free.

People want to share their knowledge
I've followed so many lovely bloggers who are cruelty free and have helped sway me into their way of thinking (I didn't need much persuading). As a result there are loads of informative blog posts and Youtube videos to help you make the switch.

It’s not all super expensive
With stores like Superdrug creating their cruelty free own brand products the prices are respectfully low in comparison with other products. Sometimes it’s worth paying that little bit more, no one bats an eye at spending £4 plus on one bath bomb in Lush.

Don’t throw everything away
Make the switch gradually, throwing everything that’s unused out creates waste which kind of defeats the point. Use up products you've got because you've already contributed to the company's profits. Replace items as and when with cruelty free alternatives.

Don’t trust one source
Research products before you buy and check their cruelty status from more than one source. Making sure the information you use is as up to date as possible (brands can back track). Researching before you buy insures that the product is cruelty free and will stop you impulse buying so you’ll ultimately end up saving money.

Know the logos
There are a few and this is when it can get confusing. Some brands fake logo’s so be careful and not all cruelty free brands are certified but that makes them no less cruelty free, Lush is one of the uncertified brands.

I think the key is to find what works for you and maybe sticking with it, I'm a creature of habit so that’s not really an issue for me. I think once you start to really look you’ll find some lovely products and you’ll feel great using them knowing that no little bunnies where hurt in the making.

Do you buy cruelty free? what are your recommendations?
Sam

Want to see more posts follow on 

6 comments:

  1. Amazing! Good luck, I am slowly making the switch myself, and a lot of people seem to have been lately, which is so promising! I think people are a lot more aware these days. Good for you lovely!

    Hayley-Eszti | www.hayleyeszti.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck and this is great, I've been thinking about going cruelty free and I think it won't be as hard as I think. Shower gel and shampoos are easy but it's makeup I worry about, but I'm going to let my current products run out and see where I go!
    --
    Pretty Mad Things .. x o

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's amazing, Sam! Going cruelty-free is such a good thing to do, and like you said, it's not that hard at all! I always think that there are so many products out there and it's fairly easy to find substitutes. :)
    Patti Shifting Tales

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for being cruelty free! I'm trying my best to do the same so these tips are a great help for me x
    britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sam! Ah such a lovely post, and interesting to hear about your journey so far with going cruelty-free. I’m trying to do something similar. Your tips are really upbeat and so true! Good luck and well done! :-) xxx

    Helen | Helens Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a brilliant post and I really have realised there are things on that I dont know about so i am going to look into it.
    Jade
    www.everydayyoungmumblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete