Wednesday, October 7, 2015

5 Things I Can Not Do

Hi, Happy hump day! Something different for you today, a little personal post about some of the things that I can not do. None of these are serious things, I've just put the list together for a bit of fun. These are the first things that come to mind, I'm sure there are loads more but I'll save them for another day.


Things I Can Not Do

Draw from my mind
Do you know when you have an amazing visual in your mind that you want to get out on paper in a perfect translation, well that never happens for me (I'm sure it's actually impossible, but my attempts are not even close). I can only draw if I have an image to copy which annoys me greatly, but I am super appreciative that I have any artist skill.

Speak a different language
I struggle with English most of the time and I'm constantly checking my there, their and they're (but who isn't). I had German classes in high school but nothing stuck. I'm just grateful that English is my first language and that it is spoken by most of the world. I'd love to speak another language but it just isn't going to happen.

Not get stressed when packing/planning
I can't help it! I don't think I'm even that bad at getting things organized, I just always panic about silly little things, even when everything works out fine. It's something I would really like to work on and I'm sure I'm not alone on this one.

Go a week without cheese
This might be a bit of an odd statement but cheese is one of my favourite foods ever. I can leave chocolate and other sweet things, it's all about the savory for me and cheese goes well with so many things.

Go up really high places
This developed in my early 20's, high places trigger a kind of survival instinct that tells me I'm in danger and I'm overcome with an irrational fear. It's so annoying as the best views are always in high places, but I'm not letting it become an issue.

Is there anything you can not do?
Sam

Want to see more posts follow on 

16 comments:

  1. Great post, I would love to see some of your art skills! I get what you mean about speaking English, I feel like my brain stops working and words are just coming out lol I want to learn a new language but I feel like I have no time to!

    Sonam - http://fashtasticflare.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brain stops working too, I think it's a real skill to speak more than one language. Thanks for reading. =^-^=

      Delete
    2. Always welcome! Yeah I agree it is a real skill

      Delete
  2. This is funny! I second the first comment, would be cool to see your art skills!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't done any drawing in ages, a good reason to get back into it. Thanks for reading. =^-^=

      Delete
  3. Such a great idea for a post! I also struggle with drawing from my mind! I would love to be able to just think of something and put it on paper, but I can't. However, I share your view, at least I have some kind of artistic talent and can continue my life as a copycat ;)
    Patti www.shiftingtales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I wish I was a little more creativity with my drawing but there’s nothing wrong with been a copycat, I love to doodle characters. =^-^=

      Delete
  4. I can't draw from my mind either - I think people who can do that are truly amazing! I love this post and although you can't do these things, I know there will be things you can do :) xx

    Sam // Samantha Betteridge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are truly talented, it would be so lovely to be able to do. Thanks for reading. =^-^=

      Delete
  5. i can't do two things at a time! or eating while walking! it is so difficult for me because i am so clumsy!!

    xx from Brighton
    Cate ღ kate/idoscope | youtube
    P.s. Followed you on Bloglovin, hope you can return the favor (;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally get that, drinking while walking is impossible for the best of us. Thanks for the follow, beat you too it, I'm already following your blog. =^-^=

      Delete
  6. All of these apply to me, except the last one.

    Let's see...other things I cannot do...I can't sing (well) and I can't iron no matter how hard I try haha xx

    www.kirstytalks.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I'm the same, I don't sing in front of people, I'm probably not even that bad just self-conscious. Thanks for reading. =^-^=

      Delete
  7. This is such a great idea for a post! I totally agree with you on the first one - everything is so clear in my mind, but trying to draw from memory is SO difficult. It's all the little details that I forget.

    Lauren x
    http://whatlaurendidtoday.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a skill I will never have, I admire people who can. It's definitely in the little details and a super sharp memory. =^-^=

      Delete
  8. I can't go up really high places, too, but one thing I can't do is socialize -- I'm terrible at it!

    May | THE MAYDEN

    ReplyDelete