Sunday, October 25, 2015

Game Review | Cards Against Humanity

Hi, One of my monthly goals is to write a game review, so here it is. I wasn't sure which game to review so I decided to pick an easy one to start with. So this technically isn't a board game but it's super entertaining and more practical to take to a party. This game has a suggested age of 17+ due to the crude and explicit nature of some of the cards.

Cards Against Humanity - A party game for horrible people
Unlike most of the games you've played before,
Cards Against Humanity is as awkward as you and your friends.

Contents
  • One deck of white phrase cards
  • One deck of black question cards

Aim Of the Game
  • To be the funniest and win the most rounds, how you do that totally depends on who you're playing with.

Set Up
  • A multiple player game which can be enjoyed with both a small and large group of people, the box states 4-20 players.
  • The length of the game is set by the target number of winning answers, the less cards required to win the shorter the game should last.
  • Each player is dealt ten white phrase cards.
  • The black questions cards are put face down in a pile accessible to all players.


    How to Play
    • At the start of a round one player selects a black statement card and reads it to the other players.
    • The required number of phrase cards are then anomalously handed in by all players not including the question reader (Sometimes two cards are required to answer).
    • The funniest/crudest thing to complete the question card wins, down to the taste and humor of the reader of the black question card.
    • The winner is awarded an awesome point, this needs to be documented (I normally just keep the question card for the round won).
    • All players who used white phrase cards replenish their deck back to ten cards.
    • The next round starts with a new question reader.
    • This continues until someone wins enough rounds equal to the agreed finish target.

    Re-reading the instructions I found that there are a few twists on the basic game including cashing in awesome points to better your chances of winning later rounds. As the box states this is a cringe worthy game depending on who you play along with, it's maybe not one to play with your parents but that totally depends how twisted their minds are. It's a really simple game to play and one which can be a great ice breaker. I think it's funny to see just how far people will go with their card combinations or just how well some card work together.

    Have you played Cards Against Humanity?
    Sam

    Want to see more posts follow on 

      8 comments:

      1. I love this game so much! It's my favourite guilty thing to play at Christmas in the evenings xD great review! xx

        elizabeth | ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | bloglovin follow for follow
        Follow for follow on instagram :D

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. I love it because it's so simple to teach people how to play and it can be so funny. Thanks for reading. =^-^=

          Delete
      2. I love Cards Against Humanity! My friends and I went the cheap route and copied the PDF version onto pieces of cue card rather than buy the game itself. We ended up creating a few of our own, as well! Many weekends were spent playing :)

        Erin
        http://sexycardi.blogspot.ca

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. I would have done this had I known it was possible. Making your own cards is such a good idea. Thanks for reading. =^-^=

          Delete
      3. I never played it, but I always wanted to as it seems like so much fun! I will note it down as a Christmas gift idea ;)
        Patti
        www.shiftingtales.com

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. It'll be worth the wait, you'll laugh so hard from seeing people you think are innocent come out with the darkest combos. =^-^=

          Delete
      4. Oh my god, I absolutely love this game! Such a fun way to spend time with your friends. I've played with my family, which was both awkward and utterly hilarious!

        Katie xoxo
        Katiecakes

        ReplyDelete