Thursday, October 15, 2015

9 Things To Do When Your Are Bored

Hi, The nights are drawing in and getting darker and darker by the day. The clocks go back at the end of the month giving us a tiny bit of extra light but not for long. Because of this I find it very hard to motivate myself and then the boredom hits. I've found myself feeling a lot less bored since I've started blogging but here are some alternative ideas to beat the boredom this season.


Things To Do When You Are Bored


Play a Board/Card Game
There are so many different kinds of board games there's no reason you can't find one that you love to play. Board games can either kill a few minuets or a few hours depending on what you play. They're also a great way to socialize with friends and family so why not have a games night and invite people over.

Do Some Baking
Baking is a great way to pass the time and at the end of your boredom fix you'll have something super yummy to enjoy. Buns are one of the easiest things to bake and you get the added enjoyment of decorating them as well.

Read a Book
This is my favourite way to dispel boredom. I can easily lose myself in a book for a few hours at a time when the weather outside isn't very welcoming.

Go for a Walk
When the weather is nicer head outdoors and get a dose of nature, it's really good for you. You get a top up of the sun's rays, fresh air and a change of scenery from being stuck indoors. You also have the chance to enjoy a warming drink in the cooler air and take a shoe selfie in the fallen leaves.

Tidy Up
This is kind of a boring option in itself but one which will make you fell amazing after. If you're already bored you've got nothing to lose and a clean area will make you feel so much better in the long run. Pick a small task so you don't regret starting, maybe do something like change the bed sheets because you'll thank yourself later.

Plan Your Weekly Meals
Not only does this give you something to do but will save you money in the long run. I enjoy planning my weekly meals as everything is so much more organised for the week ahead, from not having to think of something on the spot and knowing exactly what you need to buy at the shop, making the buying process much quicker.

Phone Someone
One thing that I should actually make time to do anyway. Be social without having to leave the comfort of the sofa. Catch up with a friend and maybe even make plans for the future to stop yourself from getting bored at a later date.

Organise a Space
Now is the perfect time to have a change in layout around the home. I'm currently trying to make my bedroom more autumnal and get ready for the festive season which will soon be upon us. Freshening up your living space will make you feel better about your environment and might even require you to do a little home ware shopping.

Start a Hobby
Blogging is a great hobby but not one for everyone. There are loads of creative hobbies which are perfect to keep you entertained during the darker months. Why not take up knitting or crochet and make yourself some woolly winter wear. Scrap book your holiday snaps and reminisce about the summer sunshine or create some Christmas decorations to display during the festivities.

 So there you have it, my boredom busting tips. Hope they are helpful, thanks for reading.
Sam

Want to see more posts follow on 

12 comments:

  1. These are great ideas! I definitely do the first five when I'm wanting for something to do. The last few weeks I've been playing Scrabble on Sundays with my family, it really is a good time! Also, I think that even if you don't really need your sheets changed yet, changing them will always be a good idea! It's so nice going to sleep on a newly made bed with fresh sheets :)

    Erin
    http://sexycardi.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't played scrabble in so long, definitely getting it out soon now. Fresh sheets are so good, especially when it's a new set. Thanks for reading. =^-^=

      Delete
  2. Such great ideas! I love board games, especially the ones that go on for hours! I don't like losing though ;)
    It's actually a really good idea to plan your meals ahead, because I often just cook the same thing in slight variations because I have no inspiration when I'm hungry!
    Patti www.shiftingtales.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monopoly is one of my favorites but I soon get fed up if I haven't managed to get all the stations. Food wise I'm the same, I'd end up eating a curry or pizza every other day. =^-^=

      Delete
  3. reading a book is a great one, but it's not for everybody too. i personally like it, way to get inspired in an instant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely list! I actually started blogging because I was in desperate need of a hobby haha! :)
    Urban Obsessions // Vegan Food, Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  5. All such great ideas, I totally want to do some baking now!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like this list, I usually bake or read or clean :)

    xoxo Emily
    http://www.ditchtheheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good list. I used to get bored all the time at weekends till I started blogging, now I have no time for boredom!
    Lauren
    livinginaboxx | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  8. All are amazing ideas! When I get bored I usually start to watch something but I quickly get bored of watching and then just scrolled my facebook feed... not really productive. I should read more often. I always complain about that ahah. Next time, I'll get a book instead of using my laptop. xx Corinne from Corinne & Kirsty

    ReplyDelete