Wednesday, October 21, 2015

GREAT SCOTT! It's Back to the Future Day

Hi, Happy back to the future day! October 21st 2015 was the date that Doc Brown, Marty and Jennifer come to the future in the second film in the trilogy. As you may be able to tell I'm a pretty big fan and it's so weird to think that all the films after today will be set in the past.


I don't remember how old I was when I first saw Back to the Future but it made it's mark. The character are so good together and the story is original, so much so that no one dared to produce it for ages until Universal took on the project. Today has been a really good one with songs from the film been played on the radio and almost everyone either reporting about 'Back to the Future' day or having a little joke online about speeding Delorean's. It's been really interesting to see what predictions for the future have really come true, sadly still no hover boards. It's a nice feeling when people get their geek on for a film even if they're not the biggest fan, it is after all a date which has been a long time coming and so couldn't pass unnoticed. It's also the 30th anniversary of the first film been released.

 I'm off to build my Lego Delorean while watching the Keith Lemon's 'back to the future' documentary, which I'm hoping will be really funny.
Sam

Want to see more posts follow on 

4 comments:

  1. AAA this is such a fun post to read! thanks for sharing you blog post always cheers me up:) Do you want to support each other's blog by following each other?:) Please let me know if you do so I can follow you right back x

    xox,
    http://www.theclosetelf.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love it so much!! I can't remember when I first saw it too but I've watched it over and over and it's still magical! Happy back to the future day for yesterday!
    Emma Xx
    www.emmaslookingglass.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. ASDA always has really nice home stuff! Can't wait for all the Christmas range to be out!
    Renae xxx
    http://renaereavell.wix.com/renaee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I would have had a chance to celebrate. I love Back to the Future!

    COOCOO FOR COCO

    ReplyDelete