Monday, May 23, 2016

Book Haul

Hi, I've been feeling the urge to buy some new books for a little while now, I've been reading more and more recently and decided I need some new titles to add to my TBR shelf. I wanted to get as many books for as little as possible so was quite happy to pick some unknown titles which sounded interesting.


I bought my selection of books online from the Works on a 6 for £10 offer, they only retail at £2 each anyway. Honestly the selection is a little rubbish but they do have a few gems and just in the time I was thinking over placing an order a lot of books sold out and where replaced by new titles, so it's worth giving the range a look over once in a while. These are all books I know very little about and haven't researched, below is an idea of the plot.

 


That Night - Chevy Stevens


Toni and her boyfriend Ryan are charged with the murder of her younger sister. Eighteen years later Toni is released and struggling to adjust, Ryan is sure he can prove the truth that they are indeed innocent. I think this is going to be a massive who done it story which is going to have dark twists and turns. Psychological thrillers are definitely a genre I need to read more of.

 

Burnt Paper Sky - Gilly Macmillan


A tale of a missing child and suspicion of the public against his mother. That's all the blurb gives away, another physiological thriller and one which I'm sure has you choosing sides.

 

The Crooked House - Christobel Kent


Alison has a dark past that she has been running from since she was teenager, she is the sole survivor of a violent attack on her family. Now years later with a new name and a back office job she meets Paul and realizes in order to find happiness she must resolve her past. This book sounds harrowing with the subject matter but then I'm questioning if it's going to be a bit chic-lit.

 

  Take Back the Skies - Lucy Saxon


Catherine is one of the privileged, the daughter of a senior government official. She doesn't have to fear the same things as others but she still craves freedom and stows away on the skyship Stormdancer. This is the first book in the 'Take Back The Skies' series, after a tiny bit of research I found out that the author was only 16 when she wrote this.

 What Milo Saw - Virginia Macgregor


This is the book I'm most excited to read. Milo is a boy with Retinitis pigmentosa and he is slowly going blind. For the time being he sees through what appears like a small whole, this makes him see the world in a totally different way. One day his gran is taken into a home and that's when Milo realises not all as it seems. With the help of his trusty pet pig Hamlet, Milo sets out to expose the nursing home.

Summer Nights at the Moonlight Hotel - Jane Costello


Set in Windermere, this book seems like the perfect summer read. Friends Lauren, Cate and Emily join the dance class at the Moonlight Hotel, a chain of events puts the girls friendship to the test. I think this will be a great story of unraveled truths and secrets.

Which book would you pick to read first?
Sam

Want to see more posts follow on 

4 comments:

  1. That Night sounds totally up my street. I love psychological thrillers. I might give it a go, as I'm currently looking for a new read anyway. You have picked up a good selection though, can't believe how cheap they were as well!
    Patti Shifting Tales

    ReplyDelete
  2. Off the back of this I have now downloaded What Milo Saw & Burnt Paper Sky onto my Kindle haha love them sound of them and can't wait to get reading as It's been so long since I got my nose buried in a good book. xx

    www.kirstytalks.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to read that burnt paper sky! Great choices! I have been thinking I need a new read for bedtime!
    a life of a charlotte
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been itching for some new reads lately, so it's perfect timing finding your blog! will definitely be checking some of these out :) thanks for sharing xX

    kynialikethecountry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete