Tuesday, November 22, 2016

A Day Out At Tropical World Leeds

Hi, It's a while since I visited Tropical World but I've always wanted to share my photos and give this place a shout out, I actually think it was about this time last year that I visited. Tropical world isn't the biggest place but it's crammed with things to see and takes a good few hours to get around if you take your time. The center is set out throughout as different environments showcasing animals from their natural habitat.



A Day Out At Tropical World Leeds


The first part of tropical world is the butterfly room where you walk along a raised platform taking in the sights and spotting bugs everywhere. There are butterfly feeding stations to encourage the butterfly's into viewing distance but some butterfly's don't need encouragement and will just land on you. Below the walkway is a pool of koi carp, they moved so fast, I could stay and watch these fish for hours.

A Day Out At Tropical World Leeds

You then move on to aquatic animal section which includes some not so common creatures and all the accompanying information so you can learn even more about these species. My favourite animals where the ray fish which are just the happiest fish ever and I found Dory!

A Day Out At Tropical World LeedsThere's a reptile section where if you time it right you can watch a massive snake (I think it was a boa constrictor) at feeding time which was gross but mesmerizing at the same time. Continuing round is a room with a winding path that leads you past all manor of birds with bright plumage running about. One of my favourite parts is the Merkat den, I visited once and they had babies which where the cutest.

A Day Out At Tropical World LeedsI don't want to give away all the features of this place in case you do visit as a few surprises are always fun. If you're ever in the area I would highly recommend Tropical World. It's a fun day out and if the weather is nice the nearby park is a great place to have a stroll. I really want to head back myself sometime soon.

Have you ever been to Tropical World?
Sam

Want to see more posts follow on

2 comments:

  1. I'm a Leeds girl too and recently been going on a lot of walks around Roundhay Park - highly recommended! Haven't visited Tropical World in years but will probably check it out in the summer. Banyan just round the corner is cool too if you fancy a cocktail :)

    - Lubna | The Digital Review

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like such a great day out! The clown fish are so cute! x

    |Georgia Megan|

    ReplyDelete