Saturday, January 7, 2017

Reviewing the Leuchtturm 1917 Journal

Hi, I was asked what I wanted for Christmas and did the minimum research into a bullet journal worthy notebook that was A5 and had dotted pages. I came across the Leuchtturm 1917 which seems on watching a few YouTube videos to be one of the main bullet journal choices.



I opted for the black version partly because it was the cheapest and didn't want to waste money if I don't end up using it and because black looks stylish. I like the sleekness of the colour so I'm happy with my choice. The journal is hard back with a really soft waterproof feeling covering and is held shut by an elastic ribbon.

This is the perfect notebook to use as a bullet journal as it has preset index pages and all the pages are numbered (which makes life a lot easier). Extra features that I didn't know where even a part of this journal and which make it an instant repurchase are the double ribbon for page marking and the envelope pouch at the back of the journal for storing mementos and journal equipment. I can imagine once fully emerged in the way of the bullet journal one ribbon would not be enough and a stencil or ruler are pretty much required. It also came with some stickers so you can archive it once you're finished with it.

The little I have written in the book using a dark blue Stabilo point 88 pen hasn't bled through and while it is visible on the other side it's not distracting once other information is added. I really want to invest in some new pens to use in the journal and I feel a little silly for not foreseeing this issue (hence why I'm writing in blue, but I like it).

Overall I think this was a great investment and as long as I stick with actually using the journal worth every penny. Next year I think I'll pick one of the more adventurous colours like the yellow or lime green.

Let me know if you bullet journal and which journal you use?
 Sam

Want to see more posts follow on 

3 comments:

  1. I always find bullet journals a little bit interesting, but at the same time, I don't feel like I understand the point? It's great that so many people are loving them, though! Whatever helps each person get stuff done is good in my books ;) Good luck with your journaling, Sam! :)

    Erin | Explore, Refresh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post Sam, I was really intrigued with bullet journals and it was nice to see you have bought one. I love the idea of being able to design it yourself, there are so many options! It’s probably a bit more flexible than a regular diary too. I hope you have fun with yours, and using brightly coloured pens sound like a cool idea. :-) xx

    Helen | Helens Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always so jealous when I see people's bullet journals but I just know I wouldn't use it as I'm more the "phone calendar and post it" person. :D
    Nevertheless, I still love seeing how people use their bullet journals! The notebook looks great and I hope you will show us how it turns out once you filled it in more!
    Patti Shifting Tales

    ReplyDelete