Monday, January 9, 2017

Books I Want To Read In 2017

Hi, I wanted to share my Goodreads 'To Read List' which is pretty much what I would like to read this year but I'm open to change. My goal yet again is 35 as I only just manage to complete it again (December is always a blur), but I think it's still a worthy number to accomplish. Most of the books on my list are ones I cross referenced with my local library's inventory to see what I could go and read for free. I think it's really important to support your local library as more and more are being shut down because they are seen to be unused. Plus you can read loads of books and you don't have to feel guilty about your bank balance.

 

Books I Want To Read In 2017

To Get From The Library

  1. Way Down Dark - Smythe, J.P.
  2. All the Bright Places - Jennifer Niven
  3. The Handmaid's Tale - Margaret Atwood
  4. The Heart Goes Last - Margaret Atwood
  5. Luckiest Girl Alive- Jessica Knoll
  6. Dear Amy - Helen Callaghan
  7. We Were Liars - E. Lockhart
  8. The Daughter's Secret - Eva Holland
  9. Faceless - Alyssa B. Sheinmel
  10. Illuminae - Amie Kaufman
  11. The Bone Dragon - Alexia Casale
  12. The Next Together - Lauren James
  13. The Next Beginning - Lauren James
  14. The End of the World Running Club - Adrian J. Walker
  15. Solitaire - Alice Oseman
  16. Drop - Katie Everson
  17. A Monster Calls - Patrick Ness
  18. If I Was Your Girl - Meredith Russo
  19. I Was Here - Gayle Forman
  20. Paper Butterflies - Lisa Heathfield
  21. The Night Circus - Erin Morgenstern
  22. Nerve - Jeanne Ryan
  23. Furthermore - Tahereh Mafi
  24. The Lost and the Found - Cat Clarke
  25. This Savage Song -

Physical Copies I Own

  1. Seed - Lisa Heathfield
  2. Riot - Sarah Mussi
  3. The Potion Diaries - Amy Alward
  4. The Potion Dairies : Royal Tour - Amy Alward
  5. Beautiful Broken Things - Sara Barnard
  6. Radio Silence - Alice Oseman
  7. The Girl on the Train - Paula Hawkins
  8. The Lonely Life of Biddy Weir - Lesley Allen*
  9. Sockpuppet - Matthew Blakstad*
  10. The Last Days of Night - Graham Moore*


So there is my collection of books I'd really like to read this year or at some point in the future at least. This post isn't that helpful for what the books are actually about but I'd like to do some smaller TBR posts with synopsis when I choose what I'm reading at that time. Every book sounds really interesting to me and I can't wait to see which of these books leaves a lasting impression.

 Have you read any of the books above or do you have anything you'd recommend I read?
Sam

Want to see more posts follow on 
Bloglovin
*book was won in a Goodreads giveaway

3 comments:

  1. A Monster Calls and The Night Circus are two really good reads; in fact, The Night Circus is one of my all time favourite books.

    I cross reference the books on my wishlist with the library inventory also - it's so important to make use of the library, especially here in the UK with the closures and such, as you say.

    I hope you're able to enjoy all these books in 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These all look like really wonderful reads! I need to read more Atwood this year, I think. She's brilliant xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post as always Sam! :-) I think to read 35 books in a year is a great achievement, well done again for 2016 and good luck for 2017. I don’t think I could read more than about 20, just as I read a little slower. Your words about joining a library were really well said, I used to go to a local library van, and loved it very much. The only thing I would say was I felt pressure to return books quite quickly. I still think it’s an excellent idea, and something I have considered returning to. Another thing I do is buy second hand books from charity shops, jumble sales etc. especially as it’s so fun to root through and find something unexpected. Most of the books you have included, I would love to read myself, most in particular ‘We Were Liars’, ‘The Lost and Found’, ‘Nerve’ and ‘Beautiful broken things’. Happy reading! :-) xx

    Helen | Helens Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete