Tuesday, January 31, 2017

January In Review

Hi, Time to look back at the goals I set back at the beginning of the month. I haven't looked back at my goals since I wrote them which honestly means I was destined to fail. How can you work on a goal you don't remember, main thing to remember for next month I guess. It's been a busy month for me for no real reason other than I've been making the most of my time or fallen into some sort of routine that just consumes it.



Goals for January 5/10
  • Learn to used and love the bullet journal
  • Make a step towards some home renovation
  • Do something different
  • Lose the Christmas weight I've gained
  • Start planning for my Birthday
  • Look for a challenge to take part in
  • Go for a walk
  • Invite my parents round for a meal
  • Make sure I have at least one pamper night
  • Have some screen free time

So while I might not have completed many of my goals I still got loads of things done this month which at least leaves me feeling somewhat satisfied. I think the best thing I've done this month was getting my birthday trip to York booked so I've got something to look forward to in the near future.

The bullet journal is a work in progress, I love the system and how easy it is to keep track of things but I've been so precious about it rather than just making a mess and using it to it's full potential, I'm working on it. I've also used the system at work to track my tasks and it's made a world of difference.
I've printed off an A4 with a box for everyday of the working week and a box for future tasks and a watch out for section.

Home renovation came in the form of finally getting our driveway done so we have somewhere to park the cars off road. This was something we where waiting to get done but sadly our car was broken into and burnt out so you know we wanted to take the temptation away with the new car. I can honestly say we are feeling the pitch this month as it has been a very expensive one.

I've made a real effort to give myself screen free time this month (which is partly why I haven't blogged so much). I've got loads of reading done which is good and I've had time to have a few extra relaxing baths and spend a few nights at the cinema (I've seen Passengers, Rouge One and La La Land).

I've realised that I really need to go outdoors more, I blame the cold weather. I really love going for walks but I just don't have the motivation to actually leave the house in the first place at the moment, roll on spring. I haven't really been trying to lose weight but I'm more inspired to start getting back into eating healthier meals by batch cooking.

Did you have a good month? What films do you recommend I see next?
Sam

Want to see more posts follow on

No comments:

Post a Comment