Friday, March 11, 2016

Lost in a Book Tag

Hi, I've been trying to think of some post ideas to get me back into the swing of blogging. I came across the 'Lost in a book' tag on Hello, Steph and decided it would be a great idea, I hope you enjoy reading my answers.

Do you have a certain place at home for reading? 
I tend to either read in bed on an evening or in the bath if I have time. Any where that I can totally focus on what I'm doing while being comfortable.

Bookmark or random piece of paper?
I'd like to say I have a book mark but I never know where it is to use it. My most resent random piece of paper is the receipt from taking the book out of the library, it's logical because then I know when it's due back.

Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop at a chapter?
I only leave a book mid chapter if I'm falling asleep with the book in my hands with the risk of knocking myself out with said book. I like to open a book at a new chapter and not have to remember what happened the last few pages for it to make sense.

Do you eat or drink whist reading?
I'll stop for little breaks rather than doing these things without removing my eyes for the page but I like to have a drink and snacks within reach so I don't have to move from my comfy spot.

E-Reader or real book?
Real books all the way but I am trying to embrace the E-Reader now I have a tablet. I really enjoy using my local library and seeing a bookmark (piece of paper) within the pages for motivation.

Music or TV while reading? 
I think I've listen to music while reading on the bus back at University but I wouldn't chose to do it now, I find it quite distracting. 

One book at a time or several at once?
I've always been a one book at a time person, I'd easily get story lines mixed up.

Reading at home or everywhere?
I can read anywhere, I like reading on the bus as it's a great way of passing the time. I enjoy reading while on camping holidays, it's a great form of entertainment that doesn't run out of power.

Read aloud or silently in your head?
Silently because it just seems weird any other way, unless you're reading to someone obviously.

Fiction or non-fiction?
Fiction, I like story's more than I like facts.

Do you read ahead or skip pages?
I don't do this simply because it feels like cheating and I'd miss something important. I find myself re-reading to understand sometimes so this would just be a bad idea.

Break the spine or keep a book like new? 
If I can I'll keep it as new as possible, I don't really know why.

Do you write in your books?
Nope but only because I have nothing to write, if it was a text book or I had a really great thought I wouldn't be against it, but it would only be pencil. On that note I'd never write in a book I didn't own.

Favorite book?
I'm sure for a lot of people this would be an easy answer but I don't think there is one book I can pin point as a favourite. I really enjoyed the Harry Potter series and I think they helped me really fall in love with the process of reading.

I tag you, let me know if you do the tag and I'll come read your answers.
Sam

Want to see more posts follow on 

4 comments:

  1. Oh that's such a nice tag! I loved reading your answers, mine would be very similar! I really need to find the time again to read, life just isn't the same without books!
    Patti Shifting Tales

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of my answers would be really similar! Even the 'favourite book' question, I have no idea what I would name. It's a hard thing to choose, in my opinion. Although I can stop reading mid-chapter. Sometimes I just don't have the mind to keep going, so I find a somewhat natural spot to stop and try to put my bookmark at the paragraph that I should start on later ;)

    Erin
    http://sexycardi.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only like to stop reading at the end of a chapter too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love reading your blog, and I have read some books after your recommendations!
    I have just nominated you for the Liebster award, find out more here http://katieemmabeauty.com/2016/03/16/liebster-award-nomination/

    Katie | katieemmabeauty.com

    ReplyDelete