Thursday, March 17, 2016

Lush Review | Unicorn Horn Bubble Bar

Hi, Today I've got a little review of the Unicorn horn bubble bar, I was gifted the unicorn horn as a Birthday present. The Lush Unicorn horn is part of the Valentines range and only available for a short time, I missed out last year so I really enjoyed finally giving it a try.

LUSH Unicorn horn bubble bar Review 2016


Unicorn Horn Bubble Bar 

This pretty bubble bar is a novel idea and one which I feel everyone wants a piece of simply for that Unicorn horn selfie. Last years version of the horn contained a fourth colour purple and little stars on the surface which I feel added to the look and leaves this years horn looking unfinished apart from the coating of silver luster. As with all bubble bars this product is designed to be used crumbled under running water, the packaging suggested the use of a whole bar which I did.

LUSH Unicorn horn bubble bar Review 2016


The Unicorn horn contains a blend of essential oils including Neoli, Lavender and Ylang Ylang. This mixture of oils is designed to uplift the mood with a floral twist and work together for physical benefits for the skin. Using the whole bar created loads of bubbles, the colour once mixed within water is a rich pink. The luster seems to disappear but leaves a subtle coating on the skin and requires a rinse from the bath after. The smell is so subtle it's hardly there but it is a very fresh clean scent.

I really like the idea of the Unicorn horn but I've been left wanting more from it, the smell is nice but not anything to get excited about and the overall look of the horn seems underdeveloped. I can't wait to see the next version of the horn and whether Lush will developed it further next year.

Did you try this years Unicorn Horn?
Sam

Want to see more posts follow on 

3 comments:

  1. I've never been a bath person. I guess because I just can't concentrate on something that long and I get bored very quickly. But lately I really wanted to try out a nice Lush bath. The only problem is, I don't have a bath where I live at the moment. The unicorn looks so pretty and the scent sounds great too! Hopefully next year I'll have a bath tub by the time this one comes out again!
    Patti Shifting Tales

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the same with baths until I started reading and spending almost a fiver on one bath. Bubble bars are the way to go with Lush products. =^-^=

      Delete
  2. Haven't tried this one before, and to be honest, I hadn't heard about it up until now! You mentioned it was limited edition for Valentine's Day? Well probably won't get a chance to try for myself until next year, but I'll bear in mind! :) x

    http://www.curiouser-and-curiouser.co.uk

    ReplyDelete