Thursday, November 5, 2015

The Innocent Big Knit For Age Uk

Hi, Today I wanted to talk about the Innocent Big Knit. I always forget about this charity event but it's one that I've been intrigued by in the past. I love all the little hidden jokes on the innocent bottles and the brand in general as their smoothies are just so good. So what is the big knit? well you know those little woolly hats that appear on all the little bottles of juice and look super cute, well that. Innocent ask that people make these little hats, even one hat will make a difference. So I'm going to dig out my knitting needles and give it a go. 

The Innocent Big Knit For Age Uk


The idea started in 2003 and has grown in popularity since, there have been over 5 million mini hats knitted in the past 12 years, raising over £1.7 million to help the older generation who's lives are at risk during the colder months of the year. For every hat sold along with a bottle of juice, innocent will donate 25p to Age UK. 

I'm not sure what to knit but there are some really nice instructions on the website for inspiration and simply to get you started. It's a great opportunity to learn a new skill while helping a charity. If you would like to take part there is more information on the website: www.thebigknit.co.uk. They require that all hats are received by 11th of December, so not the longest amount of time but enough for a few attempts.

Can you knit? will you be taking part?
Sam

Want to see more posts follow on 

8 comments:

  1. That is such a great idea! I like charity organisations who have an idea behind and motivate people to do more than "just" donating money! I think it's a great way to raise awareness of the problem itself! I hope you're going to share your creation, because I'm really curious how it will look like in the end (because I am really bad at knitting!)
    Patti
    www.shiftingtales.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a great way to create awareness. Sharing what I make is the plan if it goes well, it's a while since I've done any knitting and I'm sure mini hats are harder to make than they sounds. =^-^=

      Delete
  2. I love this idea and it's such a good cause. I love all the little hats aswell, sometimes I use them as little hats for my phone...is that sad? It's great that you're going to knit for them as well, do you have any plans on what you'll knit? :)

    Taylor Mayed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the cutest and I think it's cool you've found a purpose for them. I have no idea even now what I plan to make and I need to see if I still know how, but the intention is there. Thanks for reading. =^-^=

      Delete
  3. This is such a good cause. I keep reading things at the moment about Age UK and it's something that needs everyone's support. It's so sad that so many people get forgotten about or they don't get the support they need as they get old. It's so good to see you share it! xx

    Sophie Elizabeth
    www.popcornandglitter.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is sad and I'm glad brands like Innocent try to bring it to our attention. The great thing about this charity event is that the money donated comes from the purchase of the product and the help of knitters. Thanks for reading. =^-^=

      Delete
  4. This is such a good charity and idea - plus hats seem like they'd be really useful, especially for the colder months. I wish I could knit, but I'm pretty limited to just scarves haha.

    Angelina Is | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifull idea for a good cause keep going .
    Do check out my blog unisex fashion blog .
    http://n-street.blogspot.in/2015/11/whats-old-is-new.html

    xoxo
    neena

    ReplyDelete