Monday, November 30, 2015

Monthly Highlights | November

Hi, How is the year almost over? I don't think there is anything quite like blogging for making you notice the passing of time, it feels like I was only just writing up my goals for this month. At least the end of November marks the count down to Christmas, I can't wait to put the Christmas tree up with music playing way too loud and a baileys in my hand. I wanted to do a shout out to Imii from Nettle&Blackberry because I won her giveaway way back at the beginning of the month which made me super happy. You should maybe go check out her blog, her photography skills are amazing.

INSTAGRAM MOMENTARILY DREAMING NOVEMBER 2015 GROUP


Mini Goals For November 7/10
  • Start Christmas Shopping
  • Work towards my book goal
  • Use Social Media more effectively
  • Take more photos
  • Go to the Cinemas
  • See some fireworks
  • Do some knitting
  • Buy some warmer clothes
  • Try a new flavor of tea
  • Do something out of my comfort zone

So this month has whizzed past and I haven't had the time to really think about completing my goals, but I've not done too badly. I have taken a few more photos via Instagram which is a big step as I never do that. I've managed to add an extra four books to my reading total for the year, which has made my goal seem a lot more achievable. I watched the fireworks on bonfire night as best as I could but the weather this year was so poor, still saw loads.

I went to the cinemas three times, this being down to the weather and hiding from the rain. I saw Crimson Peaks which I loved, The Woman in the Van which was ok and what I expected it to be and then lastly on Friday I went to see the new Hunger Games film, which I enjoyed but I could tell that they had messed around a lot with the events of the book.

I only just started buying Christmas gifts but I've been looking a while and was totally unable to decide, I just placed some massive online orders so hopefully I'm almost done. I tried a black tea Christmas blend for my new tea which is really nice with loads of christmassy spices. This was enjoyed while trying to remember how to knit, I managed to knit two little hats for the Innocent big knit and I just wish I'd had more time, #Sassybooks fault. I'm going to continue to knit them hopefully improving my knitting skills so I can send even more next year.

Recap/Highlights

 Are you excited for Christmas, got your advent calendar at the ready?
Sam

Want to see more posts follow on 

6 comments:

  1. You've done well on your monthly goals! I am quite excited for the new Hunger Games movie, but I'm going to wait until I'm back home in Germany for Christmas so I can watch it with my sister! And I've also been mostly looking online for gifts this year. There are so many great things online and I think you can always save a bit of money as well!
    Patti
    www.shiftingtales.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should watch the first part again before you go, I forgot too but the film jumps straight back in which took me a little while to remember what was happening. Thinking of re-reading the Hunger Games books in the new year. Some of the presents I've bought (Lego) are super bulky so it's great to have them delivered to the door. =^-^=

      Delete
  2. You've done brilliantly this month! I loved bonfire night, so beautiful - but you're right the cold is kind of unbearable right now! I love your #sassybook - I think it's brilliant and I always love new books to read so thanks! I loved Mockingjay Part 2 but you're right, it was a bit different to the book (did prefer the book tbh) but I love the whole series so I still enjoyed it.

    Good luck for next month!

    JosieVictoriaa // josievictoriaa.blogspot.co.uk // Lifestlye, Travel and Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bonfire night is a proper highlight of the year and makes the darker nights a little bit more bearable. The #Sassybooks club has made me read so many books I wouldn't have even looked at, it would be great if you'd like to join us. I want to re-read the Hunger Games books so many things I've forgotten. Thanks for reading. =^-^=

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I had to keep the mugs because they are just so pretty and one of the best market mug designs I've seen, I just need some mulled wine now. Thanks for reading. =^-^=

      Delete