Wednesday, November 11, 2015

5 Winter Clothing Essentials And Highstreet Wishlist

Hi, The weather is horrid, it's super windy and just constantly drizzling or pouring down. With this the temperature has dropped and now my mind has been cast towards thinking about statement pieces I could do with investing in for the winter months. I'd like to keep things simple with an emphasis on a capsule wardrobe to stop over spending on clothing. To do this I'm keeping it as monochrome as possible with burgundy as a pop of colour.

Winter Staple Clothing Items
Primark: Black Cape - £15.00 | Fluffy Coat - £25.00 | Fur Collar Coat - £20.00 | Scarf - £11.00
Jumper Shirt - £12.00 | Burgundy Jumper £12.00
H&M: Faux Fur Coat - £49.99 | Ripped Jeans - £29.99 | Felt Hat - £19.99 | Grey Cardigan - £14.99
Dr Martens: 1460 Purple Shimmer £110.00

 

Winter Clothing Essentials


Jeans/Trousers
It's colder so shorts and skirts are not the most practical item to be wearing unless you've got a super thick pair of tights. I'm totally still going to rock the ripped knee look no matter how cold my knees get but just having more fabric covering your skin will keep you much warmer.

Woolly Jumper
An essential item and one that I don't feel bad about indulging in a few different colours at least. Buying over sized jumpers makes for the most effortless and seasonal appropriate outfit you could wear.

Boots
A good sturdy pair of boots that are weather appropriate are a must for the colder months, they will keep you feet dry and warm. I always go back to my Dr Martens as they are stylish and super comfortable (after you break them in).

A Winter Coat
The item of clothing that will undoubtedly get the most wear during the colder months, unless you pick up a few. I'd love to pick up a faux fur coat but I really don't know if I could pull it off. When picking a coat make sure it's one that works with the rest of your wardrobe.

Hats, Scarf and Gloves
My favourite part of the colder months is getting wrapped up in a hat and scarf before leaving the house. Again pick something that compliments your wardrobe but there's nothing stopping you having a few choices. I've picked up the nicest monochrome fluffy scarf from Primark this year.

What is your Winter Staple Item?
Sam

Want to see more posts follow on 

8 comments:

  1. I love Dr Marten's and oversized woolly jumpers and it's honestly the only thing I am wearing at the moment as it's so comfortable and warm. And those purple shimmer ones look great!
    Patti
    www.shiftingtales.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm totally the same, anything to stay super cosy with minimal effort. =^-^=

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Nice to know that grey is an option, I can't wait to go on a little shopping spree. Thanks for reading. =^-^=

      Delete
  3. I Just bought some new DM's and my god, I forgot how much they hurt at first haha. Definitely worth it in the end though. Those purple shimmer ones are dreamy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look of that faux fur coat - it's gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the fur lined, grey coat. I need it in my life.... ASAP!
    Bee | QueenBeady.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love these colours! Those Docs are so pretty, I'm getting a similar pair in metallic green for Christmas! -Rachel (theflowerthatblooms.wordpress.com) xx

    ReplyDelete