Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Lush Review | Honey Bee Bath Bomb

Hi, I popped into my local Lush the other day with the intention of picking up some long standing Lush products that I've previously over looked with the intention of reviewing them. One of the products I picked up was the Honey Bee bath bomb.

Lush Honey Bee Bath Bomb Review

Honey Bee Bath Bomb - Take the Sting Out


At £3.50 this is one of the cheaper bath bombs in the Lush range, it contains a mixture of Honey, Aloe Vera and Rhassoul mud to create a wonder trio of calming and antiseptic properties. The aesthetic of the bomb is pleasing as I can picture a little face on this and it would look just like a bee with the clever use of strips of colour. The scent of Honey Bee is sweet and fresh, I was thinking of food when I sniffed it and realised that was the honey I could smell.

Lush Honey Bee Bath Bomb Review


The water turns to a shade of amber reminiscent of honey as the bomb slowly dissolves. Honey Bee took ages to disappear completely and on inspection there where weird little lumps within the bomb which I can only think was how they incorporate the clay into the mix. Honey Bee was surprisingly softening on my skin which I think was down to the added clay.

The scent seems to get stronger once added to the water and lingers for a long time. The overall appearance of the Honey Bee bath bomb in use isn't that amazing, there is some fizzing but that's your lot. The colour is questionable but what I expected from the colour of the bath bomb itself. The clay residue required cleaning from the bath afterwards which was something I wasn't expecting. I enjoyed Honey Bee but I don't think it will be a regular purchase.

Have you tried the Lush Honey Bee bath bomb?
Sam

Want to see more posts follow on 

3 comments:

  1. That's a cute one! It's too bad it isn't one of Lush's, you know, exciting bombs, but sometimes it's nice to have a simple bath. I haven't used it before, but I feel like it would be great for a good, relaxing bath :)

    Erin
    http://sexycardi.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had Honey Bee quite a while ago and loved it, it actually did wonders to my skin which is rare for bath bombs, though it did stain my bath yellow which was weird! xx

    www.iridescentplaces.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got the honeybee I like your review, if they do awesome things for my skin and smell good I don't fully mind if they aren't as colourful in the water :P

    Rai | utterardour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete