Wednesday, December 2, 2015

20 Ways to Get into The Festive Mood | #BLOGMAS Day 2

Hi, I've got a selection of ideas to share with you to get you in the festive mood, although I doubt a lot of you will really need the help. I love Christmas but I am getting a bit over whelmed by the fact that it seems to start earlier and earlier each year, so much so by the time December finally comes around it already feels a little stale. That's what inspired me to write this list as I needed a way to view Christmas freshly again. I'm over that now and see it from the kid inside who just wants to stare at all the flashing lights, sparkly trinkets and spend time with my friends and family, undoubtedly over a little bit too much food and drink.



Ways to Get into the Festive Mood
  1. Buy an advent calendar or make your own.
  2. Make present buying a social event and spend a day with someone who makes you happy.
  3. Go check out a Christmas market and maybe have a go at ice skating.
  4. Listen to your favourite Christmas songs.
  5. Buy new Christmas decorations and make decorating an event.
  6. Buy a TV guide and circle all the films you want to watch over the festivities.
  7. Do some Christmas baking - Mince pies/Sugar cookies.
  8. Indulge in the Christmas themed food and drink.
  9. Visit loved ones and share the festive feeling.
  10. Make your own Christmas cards, or simply enjoy writing them.
  11. Buy some new/Christmas Pajamas.
  12. Indulge in a Lush bath using something from the Christmas range.
  13. Make wrapping your presents a crafting experience with bows and colour schemes.
  14. Paint your nails with festive colours and glitter.
  15. Buy a festive smelling candle.
  16. Make/plan some games for Christmas day.
  17. Organise/take part in a secret Santa.
  18. Go for a walk and forage for Holly and Pine cones to use as decorations.
  19. Donate to Charity however you can, have a sort out and make room for new things.
  20. Read a Christmas/winter themed book.

Have you got any other suggestions for feeling festive?
Sam

Want to see more posts follow on 

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I hope it helps, I just want my Christmas shopping finished so I can stop stressing out. =^-^=

      Delete
  2. Honestly, I don't need any help feeling festive. I don't know why but this year I've been so excited for Christmas, I'm like a child haha.

    I definitely am going to buy myself some Christmas pj's now though, apparently Primark have some goodn's this year :) x

    www.kirstytalks.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait until I've got my own place and I can turn my home into a winter wonderland, I think that would make Christmas special again. I'm looking forward to purchasing some new pj's some fluffy ones would be cool. =^-^=

      Delete
  3. Great ideas - not that I need any since I'm pretty much ready for Christmas each year come September! I love the idea about going for a walk and collecting wintery things to make decorations with! Also festive candles and bath bombs are great. I particularly feel festive when I watch Christmas films with my family or endulge in a Christmassy Costa ;)

    JosieVictoriaa // josievictoriaa.blogspot.co.uk // Lifestlye, Travel and Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going for a walk is a great thing to do this time of year (as long as it's not raining), Holly is surprisingly hard to find but we know where it grows now. I'm yet to get anything from the Lush Christmas range so that will be a nice treat. Thanks for reading. =^-^=

      Delete
  4. This list is full of great ideas! I never really have problems to get in the festive mood. I think it's because in Germany we have so many nice advent traditions and here in Sweden, where I live right now, as well. I get excited very easily anyway, but I actually haven't started listening to Christmas songs yet, so I definitely need to do that!
    Patti
    Shifting Tales

    ReplyDelete