Tuesday, December 8, 2015

My Favourite Films For Christmas | #BLOGMAS Day 8

Hi, I've got my favourite Christmas movie selection for you today. Writing this post has made me want to sit and watch all these films back to back. So this weekend I'm making plans that involve the sofa, a large blanket and lots of hot chocolate. I'm feeling really festive now we're a whole week into advent and I can't wait to get some presents wrapped and placed under the tree.



My Favourite Films for Christmas

The Muppet's Christmas Carol
This is a film I over looked for way too long, it's my boyfriends favourite Christmas film. He made me sit down and watch it properly and I'm so happy I finally did. I like films that are a little bit different visually, and the Muppet's as puppet work is a fine example of this. As it's a comical retelling of the classic 'A Christmas Carol' it's even better because I feel like I'm watching something quite sophisticated but with a fun twist.

The Nightmare Before Christmas
One of my all time favourite Tim Burton films and probably the first film of his I saw. We used to have Halloween parties when I was very little with the family and it was a bit of a tradition to go to the video store and hire this film for the night. Since then I've grown to see this film as more Christmas themed film, but it works equally well for both. The song when Jack ends up in Christmas town is perfect. The cherry on the top of the cake is that this film is the stop motion animation which is my all time favourite.

Balto
Oh how I love this film, it's not a Christmas film but it's set in a snowy Canada. Balto is an animated film based on real events and the heroics of an outcast. Balto is a Wolf/Husky cross who can't find his place in the world, his friends are a goose, two polar bears cubs and a husky. One day an epidemic hits the small town of Nome and all the children are gravely ill, a storm hits and it's down to a sled dog team to get the medication. It's a really heart warming film and I'm a sucker for animated films featuring talking anaimals.

Jingle All The Way
The first live action movie of the list. I think my mum took us to see this film at the cinemas as a Christmas treat way back when it came out (Arr that was 1996). A story of the search for that one must have present and the perils of leaving it until the last minuet. Arnold Schwarzenegger was a favourite of mine to watch when I was younger for the funny and rather strange roles he played. A funny take on the Christmas period with an over the top story line.

What's your favourite Christmas movie to watch?
Sam

Want to see more posts follow on 

12 comments:

  1. I love Balto!! My brother and I used to watch it all the time when we were little.
    --
    Pretty Mad Things .. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched it loads as a kid and totally forgot about it until I saw the DVD a few years back, I've watched it loads since. =^-^=

      Delete
  2. I never heard of Balto but it sounds great! I also love animated movies with animals and a cross between wolf and husky has to be the cutest thing ever! I definitely want to watch it now!
    Patti
    Shifting Tales

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely recommend it, it's such a lovely story and I really like that it's based on true events. =^-^=

      Delete
  3. I love the nightmare before Christmas such a classic :)

    Lotté | www.lottebeautybox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to go listen to some of the songs from the film when I was writing this post, it just makes me so happy. Tim Burton is truly a visionary when it comes to animation. =^-^=

      Delete
  4. Do you know what? I've only seen one of these, and it was The Nightmare Before Christmas, and I saw it for the first time this past November, haha! I did enjoy it, though! I keep hearing Jingle All the Way, so I might dive into that one this year as well. I think this weekend I have a similar date with my couch and a laptop (or a television). I'm in serious need of some Christmas-y feelings!

    My all-time favourite is A Christmas Story! It's a must-see every year at my house!

    Erin
    http://sexycardi.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen 'A Christmas Story' so I'll have to check that out. I can't wait for a relaxing weekend, I'll probably be online shopping for all the last minuet gifts I need. =^-^=

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I enjoyed putting this post together so I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for reading. =^-^=

      Delete
  6. We watched The Muppets Christmas Carol last week! Not my regular Christmas film but my housemate loves it and it was pretty good! Never knew it had Michael Caine in it!

    JosieVictoriaa // josievictoriaa.blogspot.co.uk // Lifestlye, Travel and Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love your choices! Jingle All the Way never gets old - I love it! Muppets and Nightmare Before Christmas have so much nostalgic value, I watch them every year! Thanks for sharing hun xx

    Sophie Elizabeth
    www.popcornandglitter.co.uk

    ReplyDelete