Friday, December 4, 2015

The Christmas Tag | #BLOGMAS Day 4

Hi, Happy Friday! It's only 3 weeks until Christmas day, ekk how fast is that going to fly by. I've got the day off work, so I headed into town to do a little shopping. I picked up wrapping paper, cards and other Christmassy bits which have made me feel much more festive. I've still got some presents I need to buy though and I'm normally really good with ideas but this year I'm totally out. So today I've got the Christmas Tag for you to read, it was nice answering these questions as they got me thinking about the past and all the fun of Christmas.



The Christmas Tag

1. What is your favourite Christmas Movie/s?
My favourite Christmas film is Jingle All the Way, it's about a dad (played by Arnold Schwarzenegger) trying to find his son that one gift that every other kid everywhere wants. I like it because it's a highly relate-able plot but it gets very far fetched but that just adds to a Christmas film.

2. Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?

We've always waited to open our presents until Christmas morning.

3. Do you have a favourite Christmas memory?
To be honest all my Christmases seem to have merged together as we're a family of habit and tradition. I do remember going on a festive train ride once where Santa came round and gave us all a present, that was cool. My dad plays in a brass band, I did too when I was younger, so Christmas always makes me think of carols played by brass.

4. Favourite festive food?
I don't think I eat anything special at this time of year but I definitely indulge in more drinks, Hot Chocolate and Mulled wine.

5. Favourite Christmas gift?
The present that I loved the most has to be my original Gameboy, one of those grey bricks with massive pixels. I had so many hours of fun on it and got my first taste of the Pokemon world via Blue.

6. Favourite Christmas scent?
My favourite winter scent is Cinnamon, it just seems festive and tastes so good in Hot chocolate.

7. Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?

Since I was a few years old my family and my parents friends would take it in turn to host a Christmas eve get together, this year will be no different. We have a little buffet of jacket potatoes and pizza and play party games, which are hilarious.

8. What tops your tree?
Our tree has had a lot of toppers but at the moment we've just got a generic silver star.

9. As a kid what was the one (crazy, wild, extravagant) gift you always asked for but never received?

I can't think of anything that I asked for and didn't get because I never really wanted anything, or anything extravagant anyway. I did once nag my mum for a guinea pig for my birthday, she bought me a hamster instead.

10. What's the best part about Christmas for you?

Can I say everything? After all it's a time for you to think of overs before yourself even if it's only about what present your going to buy and it brings everyone together. I see people at Christmas that I haven't seen all year, it gives you a reason to make time. Also the festive cheer and fairy lights.



What was your first games console? Let me know if you do the tag, I'd love to read your answers.
Sam

Want to see more posts follow on 

5 comments:

  1. Aw, just reading this I'm remembering how when I was very young we would sometimes host a Christmas Eve parties (or I also remember one of my aunt's hosting it one year). It's too bad we don't do that anymore, but I suppose it's hard to arrange, so many of us are spread around or would rather relax rather than travel on their days off.

    I've never owned a game console! It's never been an interest for me, really. Though I did have a Tamagotchi at one point.

    Erin
    http://sexycardi.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame but so true about getting people together in one place. I'm shocked that you've never had a console but I admire that. I've never been a massive gamer, just the Pokemon obsession which I guess is like having a fancy Tamagotchi. =^-^=

      Delete
  2. I loved reading this! I didn't even know there was a Christmas tag! I will give it a go when I have time to do it. :)
    I also can't really remember any specific Christmas, as we basically always do the same, which I like, it's nice to have traditions.
    Patti
    Shifting Tales

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there are a few different Christmas Tags about. Traditions are the best, it almost helps to keep the magic going from when you where a kid. Obviously things change but it's nice to keep them going where possible. =^-^=

      Delete
  3. Aw, this is such a sweet read, Sam! Actually, it's put me in a super-good mood, because I've been feeling ridiculously un-festive lately, and it's just nice to read something so happy and Christmassy! YAAAY! (I'm totally going to tag myself and do it on my blog next week, too, so thank you for the inspiration!)
    Beth x
    www.thequietpeople.com

    ReplyDelete