Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Secret Santa Dos and Don'ts | #BLOGMAS Day 9

Hi, I don't know about you but secret Santa is one of the elements of Christmas that makes it more fun as an adult. Secret Santa is commonly used as a way of spreading the Christmas cheer around the office at work or to help curve the spending with a large group of people. The amount of money a secret Santa gift requires is set by the group and can be anything from a few quid. This year I'm taking part in two secret Santa's one at work the other with family as an extra little something.


Secret Santa Dos and Don'ts


Do
  • Take part and have fun, it's suppose to be a bit of a laugh to get people in the festive spirit.
  • Find out about your recipient, preferably as discreetly as possible.
  • Be original - look in unusual places like markets.
  • Be grateful for the gift you receive even if it's not something you want.

Don't
  • Spend over the budget - This is awkward for everyone.
  • Tell everyone who you're buying for - it spoils the fun, people normally say after anyway.
  • Forget to buy a present and buying something on your lunch break is as bad.
  • Buy a joke present unless it's someone close, things can easily be taken the wrong way.

Are you taking part in a secret Santa?
Sam

Want to see more posts follow on 

2 comments:

  1. I'm doing secret Santa in my work this year as well! Unfortunately there are a few people who know who everyone else is buying for. It's a bit frustrating, but I guess that's life sometimes. I don't know everyone's, so it's still nice for me ;)

    Erin
    http://sexycardi.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the same at my work place there are always small groups who share but sometimes it's required if you really have no idea what to buy. We are exchanging gifts on the 21st so I'll be sure to share what I get. =^-^=

      Delete