Saturday, June 6, 2015

Festival Survival Kit #2 | Toiletries

Hi, Today I'm continuing with my festival survival kit focusing on toiletries. These are the items you will need to keep yourself feeling as clean as possible and feeling good. There are always showers available so the amount of toiletries you want to take is totally up to you but I'd advise as little as possible. Most Festival have a supermarket and other merchant stalls where basic items are available if you decided to stock up at the festival instead of traveling with them, but be aware that festivals have inflated prices so expect to pay more than normal.


Wet wipes are your best friend. I've never really dared to venture in the shower area so if you don't fancy that either wet wipes all the way. I needed these the most to keep clean due to the amount of mud and dust at festivals.

Suncream is very important. You might see a little or a lot of sun but there's nothing worse than a nasty sunburn to ruin the fun. Suncream is one of those items which can be heavy and bulky to carry and will most defiantly be available to purchase at the festival Supermarket, choices will be limited.

Toilet roll is also something you can buy on site but I advise you to take a few packs of tissues with you as well. After the first day you can bet there will be no loo roll anywhere, so have your own ready. Don't forget hand sanitizer.

Dry shampoo is another must, if you're not daring to use the showers, to keep your hair looking fresh. Also bring a selection of hair ties and grips to style your hair, or in my case try and tame it.

If you've got longer hair get a wide tooth comb. I got mine from the Body shop and it saved my hair. When you're not washing your hair normally it gets knotty, this comb saved me from pulling half my hair out, the key is to start at the bottom and work your way to the top layer of hair or you'll just make the knots bigger.

Just because you're not showering doesn't mean you can't smell nice, take perfume samples with you. In the past I've collected a few magazine samples and used one a day to keep myself smelling nice (who am I kidding, at least everyone smells as bad).

Painkillers and plaster for those ouch moments. Everyone over does it at a festival so having pain killers will help you get through the weekend. Also I seem to have an issue with tent pegs and accidents always happen so have some plaster on hand.

Bring a small compact mirror with you, if you don't the only time you'll see your face is in the portaloos, just saying.

Other basic items include a good deodorant, I find rollon are easier to pack. Moisturizer decanted into a small container so it's easier to pack, or buy a miniature product. Lip balm because your lips will chap due to dehydration, no one drinks enough water and on that note drink water!!. A tooth brush and paste, nothing nicer than clean teeth.

Packing Check List
  • Wet Wipes
  • Dry shampoo
  • Moisturizer
  • Suncream
  • Wide tooth comb
  • Tooth Brush/Paste
  • Deodorant
  • Lip Balm
  • Perfume sample
  • Painkillers
  • Plasters
  • Hair ties and Grips
  • Small Mirror
  • Hand Sanitizer
  • Packs of Tissues

So here are my essentials when packing for a festival, which item could you not live without?
Sam

Want to see more posts follow on 

No comments:

Post a Comment