Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Summer Reading List

Hi, with summer just around the corner I decided to put together a small list of books I would like to read over the coming months (I'm a slow reader so I doubt I'll read them all). Some of these are old books that I've seen around and not had the time to read yet or new books which I don't want to miss out on. During the summer months I can get some devoted reading time in, hopefully while sat in the summer sunshine.


One Day By David Nicholls
£2.00 - Amazon

A book that has always been quite high on my reading wishlist but I just haven't had the time. I am yet too see the film because of this as I feel it spoils the book, so once I've finished reading it I can finally watch the film adaptation. A story about two people who meet up for one day every year for 20 years.

Station Eleven By Emily St. John Mandel
£3.85 - Amazon

I was introduced to this book via a blog review. I love apocalypse stories so this is right up my street and look at the cover it's such a pretty deer image. A story about preserving what is precious once a deadly virus hits.

The Broken By Tamar Cohen
£5.24 - Amazon

I'm not really a reader of psychological stories but I figured I'd give this one a chance. It is based around the relationship of two married couples and what happens when their relationships break down.

How to Build a Girl By Caitlin Moran
£3.85 - Amazon

This book doesn't have the best reviews but I'm drawn too it regardless, who knows what's behind the cover of a book until you open it and read it. I don't like to take other peoples opinions on books too seriously. This is the story about a 14 year old girl with the intention of killing herself.

A Storm of Swords - George RR Marten
7 Book Box Set £32.50 - Amazon

The third book in the series I'm so far behind on the story and I was very late into the whole Game of Thrones thing. I only started watching the TV series after the first two series had aired and finished but I joined the masses on the release of the third series to get my weekly Game of Thrones fix and have been hooked since. As there are a few differences between the books and TV version there's no harm in reading as well as watching this epic story.

What will you be reading this summer?
Sam

Want to see more posts follow on 

No comments:

Post a Comment