Saturday, December 31, 2016

2016 In Books | My Favourite Books This Year

Hi, Another year almost over and another 35 books read. I completed my Goodreads challenge today with a mad reading session to get the final book finished (I always forget how much time Christmas takes up). I've added my overall stars out of five on the books I've read this past year so you can see what I've enjoyed the most.


2016 Pledged Books
1. Infinite Sky - C.J. Flood
2. Divergent - Veronica Roth
3. Insurgent - Veronica Roth
4. It’s Not Me, It’s You - Mhairi McFarlane
5. Panic - Lauren Oliver
6. Allegiant - Veronica Roth
7. The Fire Sermon - Francesca Haig
8. The Year of the Rat - Clare Furniss
9. Room - Emma Donoghue
10. All the Rage - Courtney Summers
11. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - J.K. Rowling
12. The Martian - Andy Weir
13. The Girl with All the Gifts - M.R. Carey
14. The Glittering Art of Falling Apart - Ilana Fox
15. Just a Girl, Standing in Front of a Boy - Lucy-Anne Holmes
16. The Age of Miracles - Karen Thompson Walker
17. What Milo Saw - Virginia Macgregor
18. The Crooked House - Christobel Kent
19. Shiver - Maggie Stiefvater
20. Linger - Maggie Stiefvater
21. Forever - Maggie Stiefvater
22. Summer Nights at the Moonlight Hotel - Jane Costello
23. The Miniaturist - Jessie Burton
24. Sinner - Maggie Stiefvater
25. Soulmates - Holly Bourne
26. A Step Towards Falling - Cammie McGovern
27. What's a Girl Gotta Do? - Holly Bourne
28. Four: A Divergent Story Collection - Veronica Roth
29. This Last Kiss - Madeleine Reiss
30. Armada - Ernest Cline
31. Asking for it - Louise O’neill
32. I’ll give you the sun - Jandy Nelson
33. The Big Lie - Julie Mayhew
34. Lament - Maggie Stiefvate
35. The Hogfather - Terry Pratchett

Some of my favourite books from this year where the most unexpected. The books that I gave five stars too where The Girl with All the Gifts by M.R. Carey, The Glittering Art of Falling Apart by Ilana Fox, The first two books in the Divergent series by Veronica Roth, This Last Kiss by Madeleine Reiss and lastly The Big Lie by Julie Mayhew.

Books that I didn't rate as high but I'd recommend everyone reads include The Age of Miracles by Karen Thompson Walker, All the Rage by Courtney Summers, What's a Girl Gotta Do? by Holly Bourne, Asking for it by Louise O’neill and I’ll give you the sun by Jandy Nelson.

I'm already planning my TBR for 2017 and I'm so looking forward to getting ahead on next years reading challenge. I'm thinking about sharing my TBR, would this be something you're interested in seeing?
Sam 

Want to see more posts follow on  

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to see what you're planning on reading in the new year! I love finding new books, too, and so far I've found a ton that I hadn't heard of before from your 2016 challenge. Can't wait to see what 2017 holds :)

    Erin | Explore, Refresh

    ReplyDelete